Friday, June 02, 2006

Cherie, Cherie, Cherry... £1 per punnet vs RM4000 per hour

I am going to make this post short as I'm running out of time. More papers are approaching and none of them so far seemed to be like a ticket for a good job offer. Truly I am opposed to any foreign lawyer's presence in any Malaysian court, but I also agree with the view that as long as it is legal, no-one has any ground to deny Cherie Booth, an eminent Queen's Counsel from representing Fawziah Holdings. She is an outstanding human rights lawyer and from the way I see it, there really was biasness in the way the Ministry of Finance handled the concessionaire affair. The problem is, will the government let the First Lady report all her experience meddling with this high-profile case to No.10 Downing Street and let BBC broadcast the turnmoil of our pain-in-the-ass legal system to the whole world? Allah knows best.

More from Firdaus at http://wmfirdaus.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Sufi is me said...

cherie booth a.k.a mrs Blair...

as for me, there's no point getting a well known 'outsider', since malaysia has her own lawyers who are as good [ntah2 better]... just evaluate it again... why oh why? does the case really need the QC?

entahla aku pon tak tahu. sebab ni bukan bidang aku. sajeje komen, nak tunjuk pandai.. =P haha